Winnehild will begin battle with 2 actions per turn and 5 shields. After recovering from a break, Winnehild will increase her shields to 8 after the first time, and then to her maximum of 12 after the second.
At 50% health, Winnehild will increase her actions per turn to 3 and will begin using more attacks. When she emotes Winnehild obtains all weapons, she will gain an aura which increases her actions per turn to 6. The effect is removed on a break.
Upon emoting Behold the ultimate warrior!, Winnehild will change her weaknesses to the second set.
- Winnehild stands imposingly before you...: Used when Winnehild recovers from the first two breaks.
- First Break: Winnehild gains 3 shields after the first break for a total of 8.
- Second break: Winnehild gains 4 more shields for her maximum of 12.
- Counter Position: Grants Winnehild the ability to counter physical damage one time. Removed on a break.
- Counter Strike: Strikes a single target with extreme physical damage in response to being attacked with a physical attack while Counter Position is active.
- Yatagarasu: Represents the dagger. Physical attack, single target. Hits twice. Chance of inflicting Poison for 2-5 turns.
- Phoenix Storm: Represents the bow. Physical attack, targets random allies. Hits 4-6 times.
- Tiger Rage: Represents the axe. Heavy physical attack, single target.
- Winnehild summoned three weapons!: Used once Winnehild reaches 50% of her maximum HP. Winnehild increases her actions per turn to three. Unlocks the following abilities:
- Guardian Liondog: Represents the sword. Physical attack, targets entire party.
- Qilin's Horn: Represents the spear. Physical attack, targets entire party. Applies Decreased Physical Defense and Decreased Elemental Defense to all targets for 3 turns.
- Fox Spirit: Represents the staff. Physical attack, single target. Chance to inflict Unconsciousness for 2-5 turns.
- Behold the ultimate warrior...! // Winnehild drew all weapons!: Used once Winnehild reaches 25% health of her maximum HP. The following actions occur:
- Winnehild's weaknesses change to the second set.
- Winnehild increases her actions per turn to six for the next turn only.
- Uses War Cry if not broken before Winnehild's next action.
- War Cry: Heavy physical attacks, targets entire party. Hits six times, one for each weapon type.
All of Winnehild’s attacks are physical, so a reliable strategy is to first defeat Balogar and give the Runelord job to Tressa. Transfer Rune and Sidestep will result in Winnehild being unable to damage the party.
If you have Olberic, then equipping him with saving grace and overhealing him and using incite will cause Winneheld to focus on Olberic so your other members will stay alive.
- "Thou wouldst learn the lost secrets I hold...? Then first, thou must prove thy worth!" —Before battle
- "Behold the ultimate warrior!" —Before using War Cry