Warmasters are purely offense-oriented with no supportive skills, and are unique in that they are versed in all six weapons (Swords, Polearms, Daggers, Axes, Bows and Staves). As such, the Warmaster job can be considered the physical equivalent to the Sorcerer job, though their divine skill, Winnehild's Battle Cry, is more comparable to the Runelord's divine skill Balogar's Blade than the Sorcerer's Dreisang's Spell. Among the stat bonuses granted by the Warmaster job is +12% Phys. Atk. and +6% Accuracy, to complement their offense-oriented playstyle.
The Warmaster's third and fourth support skills, Fortitude and Physical Prowess respectively, both help increase the equipping character's physical damage output. The former has synergy with both the Apothecary skill Last Stand and the Apothecary's second support skill, Hale and Hearty; the latter can be recommended to any physical attacker in general i.e. Olberic, H'aanit, Alfyn and Therion.
The Warmaster job is one of only two jobs that learns no magical skills at all, the other being Warrior.
Each basic skill costs 2000JP, with the divine skill costing 5000JP
|Guardian Liondog||35||Unleash 5 to 10 sword attacks against random foes.|
|Tiger Rage||35||Unleash an axe attack on all foes.|
|Qilin's Horn||35||Unleash a polearm attack on a single foe.|
|Yatagarasu||35||Unleash a dagger attack on all foes.|
|Fox Spirit||35||Unleash a staff attack on all foes.|
|Phoenix Storm||35||Unleash a bow attack on a single foe.|
|Nightmare Chimera||35||Unleash an attack on a single foe using a weapon of your choice. The weapon will be destroyed.|
|Winnehild's Battle Cry||50||[Divine Skill] Wield six weapons to unleash six attacks on all foes|
|4||Extra Experience||Gain additional experience from battles. (Equipping this skill with multiple characters will have no added effect.)|
|5||Stalwart Defense||Enhances physical defense by 50.|
|6||Fortitude||Deal more damage the lower your current HP is.|
|7||Physical Prowess||Augments physical attack and defense during battle.|
- Main article: Shrine of the Warbringer
This job can be found at the altar within the Shrine of the Warbringer, which is west of Riverford. The path leading to the dungeon is near the entrance to South Orewell Pass from North Riverford Traverse. The path is not hidden and is directly south. Once at the Shrine you will have to defeat Winnehild, Warbringer in order to have the job unlocked.
With its focus on massive physical damage using all six weapons, the Warmaster job is recommended for physical-oriented characters.
- Both Olberic and H'aanit are fantastic choices for the Warmaster job because they are tied with each other for the highest Phys. Atk. of the eight protagonists, but H'aanit has a slight advantage because she also has the highest Accuracy and Critical (though Olberic is tied for the second-highest of both), and because her primary Hunter job is more versatile than Olberic's Warrior one. (The support skill Physical Prowess renders the Warrior skills Abide and Stout Wall redundant, while Level Slash, Cross Strike, Thousand Spears and Brand's Thunder face competition from several Warmaster skills. That said, Spearhead's secondary effect remains unique.) H'aanit can take advantage of the Warmaster's abilities while Hunter skills like Thunderbird, Leghold Trap, Mercy Strike, Arrowstorm (but not Rain of Arrows) and Take Aim are not faced with competition or rendered redundant. However, True Strike is rendered redundant by Phoenix Storm, and Draefendi's Rage faces competition from several Warmaster skills.
- Therion is a good choice for the Warmaster job. Not only is he tied with Tressa and Alfyn for the second-highest Phys. Atk. of the eight protagonists after Olberic/H'aanit (tied), but he is tied with Olberic for the second-highest Accuracy after H'aanit. Therion's primary Thief job also has access to Armor Corrosive to apply the Decreased Physical Defense debuff to foes. As an added bonus, Steal SP lets Therion make up for his low maximum SP and the high SP cost of Warmaster skills.
- Alfyn can work as a Warmaster. He is tied with Tressa and Therion for the second-highest Phys. Atk. of the eight protagonists, is tied for the second-highest Critical, and his talent Concoct gives him access to all six elements if you have the appropriate ingredients. However, it can be difficult to fully optimize Warmaster Alfyn's role as a support unit, and his performance is hindered by his being tied for the lowest Accuracy.
- As far as support skills go, besides the staple Saving Grace, recommended support skills for Warmasters include: Surpassing Power, Eye for an Eye, Second Serving, BP Eater, Stronger Strikes, Fortitude and Physical Prowess.
- As far as weapons go, the Battle-tested Blade is particularly good for Warmasters because it increases the power of the user's physical attacks, including those made using other weapons.
- Warmaster is the only job in Octopath Traveler that comes with more than two types of weapon.