|(I don't think this is where I should be going at the moment...)|
The following section contains potential story spoilers!
After obtaining Baltazar's map for Leon Bastralle’s sake, Tressa decides to follow it. It brings her to the Forgotten Grotto, where Baltazar has stowed away the legendary gemstone, the Eldrite. However, the cave is guarded by the Venomtooth Tiger, who attacks Tressa. Tressa returns to Victors Hollow with the Eldrite and a letter to Leon upon defeating it.
The Venomtooth Tiger will begin battle with 6 shields, but will increase them by 2 after recovering from a break, for a total of 10 shields. It is also immune to poison, so save your turn and avoid poisoning it.
At the start of battle, it will activate an ability that allows its attacks to inflict poison. It will also increase its actions per turn to 2.
- The beast's fang and claws drip with lethal poison...: Used as the first action of the first turn, superseding all other actions. For the remainder of the battle, all of Venomtooth Tiger's physical attacks have a chance to inflict Poison for 2-5 turns.
- The beast jumps about, eyeing you warily...: Used as the second action of the first turn. Venomtooth Tiger increases its actions per turn to two.
- Your foe steels its defenses!: Used when Venomtooth Tiger recovers from the first two breaks. Increases shields by 2 each time up to a maximum of 10.
- Attack: Physical attack, single target.
- Sweep: Physical attack, targets entire party.
- Tail Sweep: Physical attack, targets entire party. Strikes twice.
- Venom Fang: Physical attack. Heavy damage to a single target.
- Peerless Poison // The effect of the beasts's poison extends to your SP and BP!: Used at 50% health. Activates a permanent aura that causes allies afflicted with Poison to drain SP and BP as well as HP each turn.
- The Venomtooth Tiger is the only boss in Tressa's story to be killed.