This ability allows Cyrus to glean information from townsfolk by interrogating them.
This Path Action is the Rogue counterpart to Alfyn's Path Action, Inquire. The information and benefits obtainable from both Scrutinize and Inquire are the same; if you Scrutinize someone, you will not need to Inquire them and vice versa.
When attempting to Scrutinize, you will be presented a percentage of success; this is a function of the NPC's base success rate (which varies depending on the NPC) multiplied by a bonus resulting from Cyrus' level:
|Level Range||Scrutinize Success Chance|
A successful interrogation may yield one of many benefits:
- Knowledge, which can be used for specific quests
- A Hidden Item (see the associated NPC page or individual town pages for details)
- Bonuses to Shops within the same town:
- New Weapons for Sale: Adds one or two extra weapon choices to the local Weapon Store, usually the most powerful and expensive available; see the shop lists in the individual town pages for details
- More Plentiful Provisions: An expanded range of consumable items at the local Item Shop; see the shop lists in the individual town pages for details
- Discount at the Inn: Rest at the local Inn for less money
- Boosts to other Travelers' Path Actions when used on NPCs within the same town:
- Guide with Ease: decrease level requirements by 10 when guiding with Ophilia
- Undeniable Allure: increase effective level by 10 when alluring with Primrose, leading to higher success rates
- Thieving Tips and Tricks: increase effective level by 10 when stealing with Therion, leading to higher success rates
- Smarter Bartering: increase effective level by 10 when purchasing with Tressa, leading to bigger discounts
- Provoke like a Pro: always Surprise opponents when provoking NPCs with H'aanit, allowing you a free action at the beginning of the battle
- Challenge with Ease: decrease level requirements by 10 when challenging NPCs with Olberic
If you fail the interrogation, your reputation in the current town will drop by one level. However, you can still try and interrogate them again as long as your reputation is still good in that town (i.e you haven't failed five times).