Rufus is a blond, muscular man with a mark of the crow on his left arm. He wears a long black cloak torn at the sleeves to reveal the mark, tied across his torso with a knotted cord, in addition to a black attire, two leather belts, and leather boots.
|(I don't think this is where I should be going at the moment...)|
The following section contains potential story spoilers!
Ten years before the events of Octopath Traveler, when Primrose was a child, Geoffrey Azelhart was murdered by three men, each bearing the mark of the crow— Rufus, Albus, and Simeon. Two years later, Primrose begins working under Helgenish as a dancer in Sunshade, upon hearing that one of the men bearing the mark visits the tavern there.
Eight years later, she miraculously spots Rufus, the one with the mark on his left arm. She follows him and sees him speaking with Helgenish. Primrose pursues him after defeating Helgenish, following the map he had left with her employer.
She sets out to Stillsnow, where Rufus owns a prostitution ring. One of his many girls, Arianna, tells Primrose his location. They travel to the mansion by carriage and enter through a secret entrance.
Rufus is arranging to give away Arianna to a church bishop, Father Eschard, before being confronted and defeated by Primrose. After the battle, Rufus says that the truth is not what she thinks is, and can be found in Noblecourt. He then dies, and Primrose departs for her former home.
Rufus will begin the battle with 2 Obsidian Associates. At 25% health, he may summon 2 more, but they will appear with reduced shields and 50% health.
- Attack: Physical attack, single attack.
- Pummel: Physical attack, single target. Strikes twice. Chance to inflict Unconsciousness for 2-5 turns.
- Roundhouse Kick: Physical attack, targets entire party.
- Rufus called for help!: Used only when both Obsidian Associates have been defeated. Summons 2 Obsidian Associates with 50% health and 2 shields each.
- Rufus takes a deep breath...: Rufus enters boost mode for 1 turn. Uses Left-hand Man if not broken before Rufus's next turn.
- 'Left-hand Man:Physical attack, targets entire party. Chance to inflict Unconsciousness for 2 turns.
- Rufus is the only one of the three Obsidians with no known connection to Geoffrey Azelhart prior to his death.