- "Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play in a new world brought to life by Square Enix. And now, you can enjoy all of them in the new demo. Step into the shoes and live the stories of each of the eight travelers and freely explore the world of Orsterra. Then, carry your choices and adventure into the main game with save data transfer. Use each character’s special abilities in and out of battle. Break through enemy defenses by discovering and targeting weaknesses. Store Boost Points with each turn and then spend them at strategic times to strengthen abilities, chain attacks, or provide aid. Choose the path you wish to walk and discover what lies beyond the horizon." —Description from the Nintendo Website
Octopath Traveler (オクトパス トラベラー) is a role-playing game for the Nintendo Switch.
- Ophilia Clement, a Cleric from the Frostlands
- Cyrus Albright, a Scholar from the Flatlands
- Tressa Colzione, a merchant from the Coastlands
- Olberic Eisenberg,a warrior from the Highlands
- Primrose Azelhart, a dancer from the Sunlands
- Alfyn Greengrass, an apothecary from the Riverlands
- Therion, a Thief from the Cliftlands
- H'aanit, a Hunter from the Woodlands
Main article: Octopath Traveler Original Soundtrack
01 : OCTOPATH TRAVELER -メインテーマ-
02 : 剣士オルベリクのテーマ
03 : 踊子プリムロゼのテーマ
04 : ハイランド地方
05 : サンランド地方
06 : 山間の村コブルストン
07 : 緊迫
08 : ちょっとひと休み
09 : 洞窟ダンジョン
10 : バトル1
11 : 勝利のファンファーレ
12 : 敗北のレクイエム
13 : 砂漠の歓楽街サンシェイド
14 : 張り詰めた糸
15 : 忍び寄る悪意
16 : ボスバトル1
17 : 絶望
18 : ボスバトル2
19 : 絆
20 : 渦巻く凶兆
21 : 再起のために
22 : 復讐のために
The battle system in Octopath Traveler is a turn-based battle system, similar to early rpgs such as the older Final Fantasy games. Players control up to four characters in battle against enemies. Characters will generally act once each turn, and turns are largely determined by their speed(although defending for a turn will make that character act at the start of the next turn). A unique element of the battle system is the boost system. Each turn(when not using boost points), characters will acquire boost point that can be used to increase a character's defense, increase the power of special skills or items, or to increase the number of normal attacks a character does. Another unique element is the break system. Each enemy has a certain weapon or elemental weakness. When those weaknesses are hit, they get closer to a Break state, where they will not attack for a turn and are more vulnerable to attacks.
Project Octopath Traveler DemoEditThe [] is a demo of the video game, Octopath Traveler, that was released on Wednesday, September 13, 2017, shortly after the Nintendo Direct by Square Enix on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
The demo is not rated and it contains sexual content, violence, vulgar language, etc.
Octopath Traveler: Prologue Demo was released on June 14, 2018. It allows players to select and play the first chapter of any character, then gives them the freedom to either explore the available areas or to try and recruit other characters. However, there is a three-hour time limit, Chapter 2 areas are blocked off, only one save per user is available, and the sub-class system is not available.
- The game will not have post-launch DLC.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kotaku - Nintendo Switch RPG Octopath Traveller Won't Have DLC Because It's 'A Finished Product'
- ↑ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/octopath_traveler_features_80_-_100_hours_of_content