Ophilia is able to produce a confession from Donovan after realizing Daniel’s delivery of the letter was the reason for Donovan’s unusual behavior. She follows the letter’s directions, leading to her rescue of Lysa from the two cultists in the Seaside Grotto.
The Mystery Man and Shady Figure will begin battle by locking off their elemental weaknesses. The Shady Figure will increase his actions per turn to 2.
The majority of attacks used by the two men are elemental, so having a Cleric cast Reflective Veil will help alleviate the damage.
Once one of the men dies, the surviving one will unlock his elemental weaknesses, increase his shields by 3, and increase his actions per turn to 3.
- Fireball: Fire elemental damage to entire party.
- Icewind: Ice elemental damage to entire party.
- Lightning Bolt: Lightning elemental damage to entire party.
- Arcane Blade: Heavy physical damage to a single target.
- Channel Energy: Used after the Shady Figure dies. Increases Mystery Man’s elemental atk. for 1 turn.
If the Shady Figure dies first, the Mystery Man will seethe with rage. He will use Channel Energy during his first action and either Arcane Blade or cast a spell for his second and third. His spells will become two-hit spells instead of single hit.
- Luminescence: Light elemental damage to entire party.
- Heal wounds: Heals both men for 800 health. Always used for the second action while both men are still alive.
- Arcane Enhancement: Elemental atk. up for both men for 3 turns.
- Break Spirit: Elemental def. down for entire party for 3 turns.
- Arcane Blade: Used after the Mystery Man dies. Heavy physical damage to a single target.
- Black Magic: Used after the Mystery Man dies. Dark elemental damage to entire party. Chance of inflicting terror.
If the Mystery Man dies first, the Shady Figure will tremble with profound sorrow. He will begin using Arcane Blade and Black Magic each turn, as well as Break Spirit.