The Jötunn battle can only be activated during the The Slumbering Giant side story.
At the beginning of the fight, the Jötunn has 4 shields. After the first break, the number of shields increases to 6. After the second break, the number of shields increases to 8 and stays at 8 for the rest of the fight.
- The jötunn is roused from slumber!:
- The ice of the jötunn's body grows thicker!: Used when Jötunn recovers from the first two breaks. Jötunn's shields increases by 2, up to a maximum of 8.
- Attack: Physical attack, single target.
- Summon Elemental: Used as first action. Summons 2 Snow Elementals.
- Freeze: Elemental damage, . Single Target.
- Big Freeze: Elemental damage, . Targets entire party.
- There is a chill in the air...: Jötunn enters boost mode for 1 turn. Uses Absolute Zero if not broken before Jötunn's next action.
- Absolute Zero: Effect. Targets entire party. Reduces HP to 1.
- "Grrraaawwwrrrrrr!!" —Jötunn
"Jötunn" (Plural Jötnar) are giants in Norse mythology.