The Guardian of the First Flame is a huge golem which appears to be made out of crystallized rock. It carries a large sword in its right hand and a large shield in its left hand. It has a huge main body supported by a small lower body.
The Guardian of the First Flame protects the Sacred Flame in the Cave of Origin. It is a test which anyone who wishes to become the Flamebearer must surpass. Ophilia, performing the kindling in Lianna's stead, must defeat the guardian in order to take Aelfric's Lanthorn.
At 50% health, the Guardian of the First Flame can summon up to 3 Dark Wisps.
- Sweep: Physical attack, targets entire party.
- Pyre: Fire elemental damage to a single target.
- The Sacred Flame gains in strength...!:The Guardian enters Boost mode and will use Flame of the Heavens next turn unless its shields are broken beforehand.
- Flame of the Heavens: Fire elemental damage to entire party.
- The Trial Begins / Prove your strength to the guardian!: Summons up to 3 Dark Wisps (depending on how many party members have been brought to battle). The Guardian of the First Flame will wait a minimum of 1 turn before summoning more.
- Main article: Dark Wisp
400 HP, Shield 4 (1 Character)
500 HP, Shield 3 (2 Characters)
1,000 HP, Shield 4 (4 Characters)
- Self-immolation: Large physical damage to entire party.
Each individual Dark Wisp has a 30% chance of dropping a Shadow Soulstone.
- "Of thee who dost treaden in these halls, I aske.
Art thou fit to lighten the flames and showen the path to all humanity?" —To Ophilia