The Devourer of Men will begin battle with 4 shields, but will increase them by 4, then 3 after recovering from a break, for a total of 11 shields. It will also change weaknesses with each break (two times, remaining on the final set of weaknesses for the rest of battle).
It will summon Deadly Spores at the start of battle, and will summon them again at 50% health.
- The beast assumes a different posture!: Used when Devourer of Men recovers from its first two breaks. The following effects occur:
- Attack: Physical attack, single target.
- Charge: Heavy physical attack, single target.
- Black Magic: Elemental attack, . Targets entire party. Chance of inflicting Blindness for 2-5 turns.
- Spirit Away: Effect. Removes an ally from battle. Can be used multiple times to remove multiple allies. All removed allies will return once the Devourer of Men is broken.
- Shadow Magic: Elemental attack, . Targets entire party. Hits twice.
- The flower twitches ominously...: Devourer of Men enters boost mode for 1 turn. Uses Devour if not broken by its next action.
- Devour: Effect. Incapacitates a single ally and restores health by damage dealt. It's NOT dodgeable meaning that Devour will ignore both the Sidestep buff (from Merchant) and Reflective Veil buff (from Cleric) and cause instant death!
- The flower let out a terrifying shriek! // A monster appeared!: Used once Devourer of Men reaches 50% of its maximum HP. Summons 2 Deadly Spores.
- The flower let out an unholy shriek! // But nobody came...: Used as the action after both Deadly Spores have been defeated. Devourer of Men fails to summon any more minions. No additional minions can be summoned for the remainder of the battle.
- Attack - Standard physical attack. Hits single target once.
- Charge - Physical attack. Hits single target once.
- Drink Lifeblood - Physical attack. Heals attacker for 100% of damage dealt.
- Exploding Spore -
- A capturable version of Devourer of Men, Carnivorous Plant, begins to appear in the Forest of No Return after the Devourer of Men is defeated.